If your event is a paid event, it is compulsory for it to have a payment method setup. By default, GEVME will automatically add a cheque payment method for you if your event is a paid event. You can then of course edit or add more payment methods if required. Payment methods in GEVME can be broadly grouped under two categories:
Online Payment Methods
- Credit Card
Offline Payment Methods
- Bank Transfer
- At the Event
This article will explain how to add, edit and delete a payment method. For more information on each online and offline payment method, see the articles Online Payment Methods and Offline Payment Methods respectively.
Adding a Payment Method
To create and add a Payment Method, follow these steps:
- Click on Payment in the left-hand navigation.
2. Under the Payment screen, click on the Add a payment method button.
3. In the dropdown which appears, click on the payment method that you want to setup, e.g. PayPal.
4. This will bring up the settings module for the payment method that you selected. Key in the necessary details and click on the OK button in the payment method's module.
5. This will close the settings module of the payment method. To save the payment method you just created, click on the green Save changes button.
Editing a Payment Method
To edit the settings of a payment method which you already created, follow these steps:
- Click on the edit button, represented by the pen icon.
2. This will put the payment method into edit mode. Once in edit mode, do the necessary changes, and click on the OK button to apply your changes.
Deleting a Payment Method
To delete a payment method, click on the delete button, represented by the cross icon.