The Buyer Form is the form through which the information of the person making the payment (or the person to be billed) is captured. Use the buyer form to capture the profile and contact details of the buyer, e.g. name, email address, phone number, company, address, etc.
For Paid events - The Buyer form captures information of the person making the payment.
For Free events - The Buyer form captures information of the person registering on behalf of another / a group of attendees.
Together with the attendee form, the buyer form is one of the main forms with which your participants will interact and which is the most critical for the registration of your event.
For more information about attendees and buyers and their relationship, please see the article Key Components of GEVME.
Default Fields in the Buyer Form
The default fields in the buyer form are:
- First Name
- Last Name
These fields are also compulsory by default and cannot be removed from the Buyer form.
Customizing the Buyer Form
To customize the buyer form, follow these steps:
1. Click on Forms in the main left hand navigation:
2. On the Forms screen, click on the Customize link for the buyer form:
3. This will open up the form builder:
- The Buyer Form data will be shown on the invoice (refer to invoice layout here).
- When both Buyer and Attendee Forms are checked: the Buyer is not the attendee, unless the buyer also registers 1 ticket for himself/herself.
- If you turn off the buyer, first Attendee will become the Buyer. The Attendee data is auto-copied to Buyer Form during registration. After registration, updating the Attendee data will not update Buyer data.
- If only Attendee form, or only Buyer form is checked, then the Buyer will be both Buyer and Attendee/ or the Attendee will be both Buyer and Attendee.